2. It was just enough to cause all Saturday commitments to be cancelled, so I could sleep in and there was no time pressure about clearing the driveway.
3. The snow was light and fluffy - optimal snowblower fodder.
4. Lightweight snow with no roof accumulation requiring roof raking or threatening any structures.
5. Adequate depth to get that uniform, clean white effect and cover the stupid sand the town(s) put down everywhere.
6. The heavy snow stopped right as I finished the snow-clearing, and ended Saturday night. So no heavy labor Sunday.
Thus, a perfect, textbook New England snowstorm. Just the kind I moved here for.